About Coach Caprio

My photo
Mike and Mary purchased their future retirement home on a whim following the snowbound New Jersey winter of 2010/2011. An episode of House Hunters International convinced them that St. Thomas would be an ideal location to live out their golden years. However, they still have a few years to go before they can pack it in and head to the beautiful island paradise that they plan to call home. In the mean time, they are renting their home and hoping that other people will enjoy this cozy island condo as much as they do.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Making Memories

Years ago, my husband and I stopped buying presents on special occasions just for the sake of presenting a gift. Instead, we decided that we would take a nice vacation each year and make memories. In a few weeks we will be leaving for a cruise tour of the UK - visiting England, Ireland, Scotland and a day in France. I will get to see Blarney Castle, Roslyn Chapel, the Guinness factory and Loch Ness, among other things. I will get to visit the land of my ancestors. We have a very full schedule of activities planned, yet have left time to relax and roam the countryside.
Some people find it a bit strange when they ask me what my husband bought me for Valentine's Day and I have nothing in small jeweler's box to show them. Don't get me wrong-I love the shiny stuff as much as the next gal-but we have made a commitment to do things on our own schedule and not to wait for artificially created occasions to get what we want for each other. Hey, it works for us.
For me, making memories is the best gift of all. I carry them with me wherever I go and they make me smile.

No comments: